Monday, October 26, 2009

Thank You

Last Friday I left a dentist's office with a problem. I had walked in thinking that the pain I had been experiencing in a month was finally coming to an end. Every day around dinner time I was brought to tears by the pain my tooth was giving me. The problem was that the dentist wasn't contracted with my insurance and he wanted $300 that day. I left with the pain and the fact that I had an appointment for Monday (today) and a bill for $105(money I didn't have).

As I left the doctor's office, and the entire way home, I prayed that somehow I would be able to have my visit on Monday and that somehow I would be able to pay for it. As my previous post mentioned I have found myself praying about everything.

An amazing thing happened that night or the following morning. My wife was on the phone with a very special someone and that person said that they felt the Lord telling them to set aside $100 each for my wife and I to get the procedures we needed on our teeth.

Are you kidding me?!? I had been praying about this for barely a couple hours. The Lord is great. Not only did he provide the funds for me to have my first pain free dinner in a month but also he is dealing with my pride.

For a very long time I thought I could provide for my family on my own. I didn't need God's help. Well, I have realized that I have no choice but to rely on God. I can't do it on my own. It is funny. My prayer has now become that the Lord only allow me to be "comfortable" when HE knows I am ready for it. Since I have taken that approach my family's needs have been met every time.

Psalm 26:7 states: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

The Lord has been doing some wondrous works in lives of my family. I pray everyday that he continue to do wondrous works in the lives of those he has used to bless my family mightily.

Thank you to the Lord and those who heard his voice and continue to bless my family each and every day.

3 comments:

  1. No words for this one, Honey. It's beautiful. I love you.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a testimony to the goodness of God, and Him alone, Casey. I am sure that the giver is as humbled and blessed as you are, and God is glorified as THE Giver, of givers. I am glad you are feeling better, good news! God bless you and Keri, and the children. Prayer is our most powerful tool!Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey,
    He will never cease to amaze us. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I love the Saul to Paul title for your blog. Keep praying and watch wonderful things happen.
    James4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
    Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete