Friday, November 27, 2009

I love that kid!

Well, I was planning on writing a post about patience. I guess this still is. It's just that my son, Seamus (4), added a new dimension to it. He got some "big paper" from his uncle Jeff last night. Every time he gets it he acts like it is the best thing that has ever happened to him. At least since the last time he got the "big paper".

One of the first things he wrote on the paper is 56:3-4. Since that has to be a bible verse I asked him what book it was from. He said Psalm 56:3-4. So I went and looked it up.

Psalm 56:3-4
3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

I didn't think much of it until I read further.

Psalm 56:5-6
5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil. 6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.

Okay, so what does this have to do with patience. We have all heard patience is a virtue. I would argue that patience leads to virtue.

Romans 8:25
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

If only I had read that verse 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were things that I didn't see coming that I wanted. So I went out and got them. I made the worst possible decisions I could.

I was speaking with my wife and we both agreed that all of the hardships that we face now would not exist if we had patience in the Lord.

Why do we feel we have to have everything now? Why can we not have patience in the Lord to do as he promised? I know that I fell prey to those who are waiting for my soul. Not only are they waiting for my soul but they are scheming on ways to get it. David said it best in the Psalm. "In God I have put my trust". God said he would provide for us. We just have to be patient enough to wait for it. With patience we can enter into what God has for us with virtue and not with a lot "I wishes".

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! I love it, Honey. And you :)

    xo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey,
    I just want to tell you how much I've been enjoying your blog. You have been a real blessing in the things you are sharing, and as always Seamus is "God's little tool" Your always in my prayers, love ya!

    ReplyDelete